Sunday, January 11, 2009

Created to be Creative


Psalms 139:13-14a: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...."

Well blog world, here I am! I started blogging for our Imagine Christmas production this past year and I have to admit...I loved it. Now, I follow many blogs...see the list on my sidebar, but until the Imagine Christmas blog, I have never blogged. It was fun to have an outlet for all of my thoughts and imaginations of how the first Christmas could look to a man, woman or child in the year 2008. But once Christmas was over, I kept thinking about blogging. I found myself missing it. And when a thought or idea just won't leave my head, for me, I can trace that back to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit inside me giving me direction and guidance.

And didn't the Holy Spirit play a part in that very thing? CREATING things... In the beginning, God created...and he formed man into his image - the image of the Trinity - God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Comforter, The Holy Spirit. And once I invited Christ into my life to come and take residence in my heart, He gave me The Holy Spirit - a part of the creator dynamic trio. SCORE!

I figured out many years ago, partly by the guidance of this very Holy Spirit I just wrote about, and partly by the amazing mentors that God placed in my life over the years, that I have a flair for the creative. I like to dream, imagine, wonder, figure things out a brand new way....and being an extrovert, all of those thoughts that I "noodle" on just come spilling out on others. Hey, and I get paid to do so. Now I want you to know that I am not the end all of creative matters at my home or my church. Collaboration is the name of the game. I call my husband, Bradley, my secret weapon. I have amazing friends who are constantly emailing and calling with the "I have an idea" conversations (see some of their blogsites on my sidebar). And because I am blessed to do what I believe I was called by the Lord to do, I get to implement those ideas for the body of First Euless to see and experience. What a blessing for me and hopefully for others.

So, my hope with this blog is that I can inspire some of you with my noodling. Some of you, I hope will be touched by how I am praying the Lord directs my life this year and uses me to touch others. Some of you...I hope will simply follow along and join me on this amazing, imaginative, creative journey we call LIFE!

Look out blog world...my imagination is a big one....

2 comments: