Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Praying for My New President

Today my country installed its new leader, President Barak Obama.  I did not vote for Barak Obama, and I personally do not support much of the politics that he stands on, but today, he became my President.  And today, I have a responsibility toward him as the leader of this free nation that I live in.  I Timothy 2:1 says, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."  I don't know about you, but I want to live a peaceful and quiet life as a believer in this country.  I want to be able to freely strive for godliness and holiness here in this country.  But as believers all over the nation are talking about, it feels as if Christians are the ones who could possibly be losing our freedom to live out loud what we believe.  So, my responsibility to my new President is this one thing, I MUST PRAY DILIGENTLY AND FERVENTLY FOR BARAK OBAMA.  Our Pastor shared a wonderful verse with us in our all staff meeting today....I am going to memorize it and take it to heart, and I urge you to do the same.  Proverbs 21:21, "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes."  Friend, I don't know about you, but I take comfort in knowing that My Lord, the One by which "nothing is impossible", can change the heart of any man or woman.  I'm going to pray that God will surround my new President with godly men and women who will give him godly counsel about the affairs of this country.  Just this morning, a pastor that I respect and I admire from here in the DFW area, Bishop T.D. Jakes, was the first person to speak to and over our new President in his inauguration schedule.  Bishop was given the privilege to lead the private prayer service in the St. John's Episcopal Church this morning.  Don't you think he shared Jesus?  And then Rick Warren was given the privilege to pray at the Inauguration Ceremony...and don't you know he prayed/preached Jesus during that time.  The Lord has already begun to make a way.  And today, I take up my part in this prayer.  I urge you to do the same.  Our future religious freedom could very well be at stake from it.   

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully spoken! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love the verse in Proverbs 21:21 that you mentioned. Our Lord still amazes me! Janna Warren

    ReplyDelete